Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cebu Taoist Temple and Its Dragons

Sitting on top of the Beverly Hills Subdivision in Cebu City is Cebu Taoist Temple,  a well-known tourist stop-off and religious spot among worshippers of Taoism.

During my most recent excursion, I was able to go back there and take cool pictures. Though I’ve visited the place five times, I still couldn’t help myself but be attracted with its beauty and grandeur. I also got fascinated with the many dragon statues placed in various portions of the temple.

Click the images to enlarge

Date Taken: December 28, 2011
Location: Cebu Taoist Temple, Cebu City, Philippines

A Taoist Structure

A Taoist Structure

This is one of the noticeable structures inside the temple. Here you can throw a coin and make a wish. I can’t personally consider it as a wishing well as it doesn’t look like one…Kinda like a wishing pond. But never mind ‘cause it’s beautiful in its way. Now can you read the Chinese characters on the pillar?

Taoist Balcony

Taoist Balcony

From one of the balconies of the temple, you can enjoy seeing the panorama of Cebu City, its neighboring towns and Mactan Island.

Dragons' Roof

Dragons’ Roof

If your house was guarded by four dragons sitting on top of the roof, you’re definitely be safe from any harm. But it’s a different thing when it comes to dragon statues… Cool sight!

As Dragons Watch, Fire Breaks Out

As Dragons Watch, Fire Breaks Out

The day I took this was actually the time when firefighters were still busy extinguishing a big fire that burned a famous mall here in Cebu City. But the smoke you’re seeing in the pic ISN’T the fire I’m talking about. It’s probably a new one…or just a simple burning of some combustible stuff. But either way, the dragons are not to blame. They’re harmless, LOL.

Twin Dragons

Twin Dragons

Now these are two cute little dragons! I’m just not sure if they are friends or lovers. I don’t even have any idea about their gender. :)

BTW, I forgot to take a pic of the temple’s biggest dragon statue. Such a shame… Next time then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...